Church: a place of energy in the Southeast Styria region
Places of contemplation
Many churches in the immediate vicinity invite visitors to stop, linger and think. They are structural gems which were built on places of energy. Discover these special sites near your holiday location!
Nearby churches worth seeing
In the following you will find an overview of the most beautiful churches in your holiday region, Styrian Thermenland:
- Holy Trinity Parish Church in Tieschen
From the living room of the identically named apartment in the vicarage you have a direct view of the altar area in the church - unique!
- St. George Parish Church in Klöch
- St. Nicholas Church in Halbenrain
- St. John the Baptist Parish Church in Bad Radkersburg
Gothic church with Baroque furnishings stemming from the 14th century; you will find fresco remnants from Thomas von Aquila at the entrance.
- St. Mary’s Main Parish Church in Straden: unique church ensemble with a total of 4 churches
- St. Anna am Aigen Parish Church
- St. Nicholas Parish Church in Kapfenstein
Located at the foot of Kapfenstein Castle, the church is visible from far away. It is popular for weddings and a meditative rest during hikes.
- St. Matthew Parish Church in Bad Gleichenberg
- Immaculate Conception Parish Church in Deutsch Goritz
- St. Mary’s Parish Church in Gnas: first mentioned in a document in 1339, Gnas was a Marian pilgrimage site in the Middle Ages
- St. Michael Parish Church in Trautmannsdorf
First mentioned in a document in 1400; the church was reconstructed in 1654.
Other pilgrimage routes via the “Sonnengesangsweg” (“Canticle of the Sun” Trail) and the Styrian Mariazell Trail will lead you through the heavenly hilly landscape of the region.
In the integrated library of your heavenly holiday apartment you will mainly find works on the theme of spirituality – ideal reading material for your excursions to nearby churches. Inquire now without obligation for an unconventional, quiet and yet centrally located apartment at the vicarage in Tieschen or secure your holiday by means of an online booking.